Friday, April 22, 2011

San Juan Bautista Church of Tabaco City: Simbahan ko Padangat ko!

Most of my years were spent in this town.  I am a traveler by nature, and I love to  visit places.  But in the end I always come home to this beautiful town.  In the vernacular we have saying which goes this way - no matter how long the procession is, it always end up in church.  This means that wherever I go, no matter how far, I will always come home to this town.

Today is Good Friday and after visiting the church for the Sacrament of Penance I decided to take pictures of the San Juan Bautista Church in Tabaco City.  This church was named by the National Commission on the Culture and the Arts (NCAA) as a national treasure.  The structure contains various peculiar markings of masons.  The church is made up of lime and volcanic stone.  This church has been the subject of various blog on the internet.  I used my HTC Wildfire mobile phone camera to take these snapshots. 


The Cherubim, angels standing before the throne of God ready to serve.


Church authorities have done the right thing to cordon this outdoor altar.  Unscrupulous lovers often use these area as dating place and ignorantly would sit on top of the altar!!! With these rails vandals and daters were prevented from desecrating this holy shrine.

The Main altar covered with purple curtain is all set for the Good Friday Liturgy.

The altar of repose, where the Eucharistic Christ is adored by the faithful.

The patio
Truly a jewel, a work of art and a master piece!

No comments:

Post a Comment